Translators without Borders is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization which assists in translating more than two million words per year for NGOs such as Médecins sans Frontières (Doctors without Borders), Médecins du Monde, Action Against Hunger, Oxfam US and Handicap International.
Since being founded, Translators without Borders has translated over 26 million words for humanitarian non-profits worldwide.
Samples of their work include:
- The 100 x 100 Wikipedia Project: The 100 x 100 Wikipedia Project imagines the translation of the 100 most read Wikipedia articles on health issues into 100 languages.
- The HEAT Project: The Health Education and Training (HEAT) project from The Open University was created to train 250,000 frontline healthcare workers across sub-Saharan Africa by 2016.
- The Translators without Borders Kenyan Translation Center: The TWB Training and Translation Center in Nairobi, Kenya, concentrates on training new translators in Swahili and working with non-profit partners to increase translation of vital health and humanitarian information into Swahili.
Globalization Partners International is happy to have been a sponsor to Translators without Borders for the last five years.
Translators without Borders
To learn more about this great organization, Translators without Borders, please:
- Follow them on Twitter (@TranslatorsWB)
- Like them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/translatorswithoutborders
- Visit their blog: www.translatorswithoutborders.tumblr.com
- Check their website: www.translatorswithoutborders.org
Much of Translators without Borders work is done on the African continent. Globalization Partners International, through its offices in Dubai (UAE) and Cairo (Egypt), provides translations for documents, websites and software to and from many of the African languages ranging from Amharic to Swahili.
Over the years, Globalization Partners International has helped companies, NGOs and nonprofits achieve their charitable goals through financial, language and technology assistance from the Live Earth SOS Campaign to INMED Partnerships for Children to Translators without Borders.
Further Resources on Translation Services
Globalization Partners International (GPI) offers comprehensive website translation services ranging from initial translation glossary development and copywriting to global SEO and online testing.
For more information about our globalization and localization processes, please feel free to download our Language Globalization Guides. You may also benefit from our resources and blogs:
- How to Create a Quote for Website Translation Services
- Hidden Costs of Choosing a Low Cost Translation Provider
- What's the difference between Translation Agency, Localization Services and LSP?
- Website Translation: 14 Steps to an effective worldwide website!
Please feel free to contact GPI at email@example.com with any questions about our language and technology services. Also let us know if you have any interesting blog topics you would like us to cover in our future blogs. You may request a complimentary Translation Quote for your projects as well.
About the Author
Director: Global Production Services. Daniela has over 16 years' experience in the translation, localization and language instruction professions. She holds a degree in Sworn, Literary, Technical, and Scientific Translation from the Instituto Nacional de Enseñanza Superior Olga Cossettini in Rosario, Argentina. Starting her career as a translator for English-Spanish/Spanish-English in 1990 over the years she has worked for several Localization Agencies as a translator, assistant project manager and senior project manager. She has completed a wide range of professional certifications in document and website localization with emphasis on translation, budgeting, quality control and project management including The Localization Institute’s Triple Certification in Localization Project Management (Localization Institute Chico, CA, USA).More Content by Daniela Bustamante